Discover ancient castles, Roman ruins, groves of lemon and almond trees, quiet whitewashed villages with kind and gentle people. Next up, pay a visit some of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Lisbon such as Jeronimo’s monastery and Belem Tower. Just when you start to indulge in the country’s history, an experience of the town of Sintra, a summer house for Portuguese kings for six centuries, wouldn’t be a shallow proposition as you can be one with their perspective this way. Take a trip to Portugal’s beautiful “Silver Coast,” a spectacular region filled with sleepy villages, rich vineyards and age-old castles to visit the native people and their culture. Proceed to picture-perfect Obidos where whitewashed houses are held snug by medieval city walls. After that get access to the medieval walled city of Evora to visit the 2nd-century Roman temple to Diana then travel to the famous Algarve and discover the secrets of the 16th-century fortress at Sagres. Journey to Faro, the gateway to the Ria Formosa protected lagoon landscape and finally, inspire the photographer in you when you visit, Azeitao, a charming agricultural village known for red wine, olive trees and beautiful country estates.
• Visit Our Lady of Fátima, the famous Marian Shrine
• Tour Aveiro, the city of canals, also known as the “Portuguese Venice”
• Explore Porto, Portugal’s second city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• See Santiago de Compostela, the world famous centre of pilgrimage
• Learn about the history of the Order of the Templars in the city of Tomar
TOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
– 9 nights’ accommodation at listed hotels or similar
– Daily buffet breakfast
– 3 Dinners at local restaurants
– Ground transportation in a deluxe A/C motor coach
– Full time English speaking tour escort
– Sightseeing as per the itinerary
– Entrance fees to: Batalha Monastery, Coimbra University, “Palacio da Bolsa”(Porto), St. Francisco Church (Porto), “Gardens
of Palacio Mateus”, Convento do Cristo (Tomar).
– International return flights from YYZ
– Air taxes and fuel surcharges
– All local applicable taxes
TOUR PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
– Items of a personal nature, tips & gratuities
– Local city taxes to be paid directly at hotels upon check out
PORTUGAL HIGHLIGHTS WITH BAREFOOT TRAVEL & CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Prices for this tour are based on per person, on the twin / double room sharing basis.
Each traveler and Chamber Member and Non Member to pay a non-refundable deposit via credit card of $500 per person by;
Group Deposit Due Date : Thursday, February 13, 2020
Group Final Payment Due Date : Thursday, June 11, 2020
February 13, 2020 Due Date
Member price $3699CAD PP
Non Member price $3899CAD PP
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Member price $3899CAD
Non Member price $4099CAD
Single supplement is available at CAD 735 per person.